The University of Sydney’s Human Animal Research Network (HARN)’s vimeo channel
Includes the seminars:-
- Prof. Lori Gruen – “Just Say No to Lobotomy”
- Dr Dinesh Wadiwel – “Do fish resist?”
- Prof Fiona Probyn-Rapsey – “The Feral Amongst Us”
- Assistant Professor Timothy Pachirat – “The Glass Walls Fallacy”
- Professor Erica Fudge – “Farmyard Choreographies in Early Modern England”
- Professor Kathy Belov – “Sympathy for the Devil: How do we stop a contagious Cancer?”
- Professor David Raubenheimer – “Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: Geometry, Obesity and the Cost of Food”
- Professor Edward Holmes – “The Greatest Evolutionary Experiment: Viral Biocontrol of Rabbits”
- Professor Peter Sankoff – “The Animal Rights Debate and the Expansion of Public Discourse”
- Associate Professor Claire Kim – “Race Species and Nature in a Multicultural Age”
- Professor Paul McGreevy – “The Role of the Whip in Racing”
- Professor Adrian Franklin – “Nativism and Naturalisation: Strategies in the Anthropocene”
- Dr Siobhan O’Sullivan – “Seeing Is Believing: Nonhuman Animals and Liberal Democracies”
- Professor Kate Rigby – “Animal Calls”
- Associate Professor Annie Potts – “From Alectromancy to McNuggets: An Illustrated History of Chickens”
- Professsor Deborah Bird Rose – “In the Shadow of all this death”
- Dr Anne Fawcett – “In Veterinary Care”
- Dr Malcolm France – “In Humane Care: Animals in Scientific Research: How far have we come?”
- Dr Fiona Probyn-Rapsey – “Stunning Australia”
- Dr Celeste Black – “Plowing by the Tayle: Horse welfare and the Law”
- Professor Paul McGreevy – “Flogging a Tired Horse”
- Professor Phil McManus “Thoroughbreds: Racing, Breeding and Beyond”
The University of Melbourne’s Human Rights and Animal Ethics Research Network’s You Tube Channel – Featuring Keynotes from the 2015 AASA Conference: Animal Publics
Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics has a media page listing contributions from members on radio and TV http://www.oxfordanimalethics.com/what-we-do/media/
Knowing Animals Podcast by Siobhan O’Sullivan. A regular 20 minute podcast – about all things related to animals and ethics; animals and the law; animals and politics; and animal advocacy. It features interviews with academic and animal advocates.
Sponsored by the AASA.
Freedom of Species radio show draws on all disciplines that have a fascination, an appreciation and a belief in a better world for all animals: conservation, philosophy, sociology, art, literature, science, film, history, politics and the vegan and animal rights movements. The show is hosted by Melbourne-based animal advocates, presenting local & international news, interviews and music from this vibrant social justice movement.
Our Hen House is a weekly podcast by Jasmin Singer and Mariann Sullivan that focuses on changing the world for animals. They interview animal activists, changemakers and entrepreneurs and produce resources that can be used for effective animal advocacy using a range of media. Mariann Sullivan also has a dedicated Animal Law podcast.
Animal Instinct – Animal Instinct is all about animal welfare and education. Celia Kutcher interviews a different animal expert every week on subjects ranging from cruelty-free fashion to helping endangered wildlife species. Animal Instinct is about helping animals through gaining a better understanding of them and how they interact with us.
ARZone (Animal Rights Zone) Podcast – features interviews with a diversity of people who work both within and outside of the animal advocacy community.
Animal Liberation Currents – Besides publishing top-quality articles by Animal Studies scholars (some of whom are AASA Members) [should I therefore also list it in the blog category??], Animal Liberation Currents also has a couple of podcasts featuring interviews and debates on current animal welfare issues.
Defender Radio: The Podcast for Wildlife Advocates and Animal Lovers – a podcast from the Association for the Protection of Fur-Bearing Animals (The Fur-Bearers) and hosted by award-winning journalist Michael Howie.
Animals Today – The signature program of the nonprofit, Advancing the Interests of Animals (AIA), is its weekly, one-hour nationally syndicated radio show, Animals Today. Currently in its seventh continuous year, this show provides a worldwide platform where individuals and organizations concerned about the welfare of animals can present their viewpoints and promote their causes. It is a communication hub where listeners learn about a wide variety of animal welfare issues as well as the actions they can take to help animals locally and around the globe. Hosted by Dr. Lori Kirshner and co-host/producer Dr. Peter Spiegel.
Animal Voices – no longer active but a rich archive of interviews and podcasts